VicPlan - Zones & Overlays is a state-wide map viewer for location-based planning scheme information.
- Locate any property or parcel in Victoria, via address/parcel search or map browsing
- Access direct links to all planning rules relating to a site
- Generate a property or parcel planning report with localised maps showing each relevant zone and overlay.
Planning scheme amendments
Current and recently approved amendments to planning schemes.
Victoria Planning Provisions (VPP)
The Victoria Planning Provisions are the standard provisions that form the framework for all of Victoria's planning schemes.
Planning scheme histories
Search a comprehensive index of all planning schemes since 1997 or view older planning scheme records at the Public Record Office Victoria.
Planning property reports
Download a PDF Planning Property Report, which includes more detailed planning information about your search result, by selecting the ‘Download PDF Report’ button.
The full PDF Planning Property Report includes:
- a planning zone map
- separate maps for planning overlays affecting a property or parcel
- links to the zone and overlay provisions in the local planning scheme
- whether a property is included on the Victorian Heritage Register
- whether the property is in a designated bushfire prone area.
Access planning scheme maps and provisions for all of Victoria's planning schemes.
Schemes are updated weekly to include amendments that have been approved and published in the Government Gazette.
Zoning definition plans
A free service is available on request for the preparation of Zoning Definition Plans.
These plans show the location of planning zones or overlays relative to property boundaries.
They can be used to identify the specific location of zones and overlay boundaries where they do not coincide with property boundaries.
A planning certificate is an official statement of the planning controls that apply to a property.
Page last updated: 02/05/22